Wednesday, May 29, 2013

A who in whoville

Have you ever seen the movie- Horton Hears a Who?  You know the part at the end when all the Who's have to make as much noise as possible to get the "people" other than Horton to hear they exist on the clover flower- that's how I've been feeling lately.  I feel as though if I can just get one more person to pray maybe God will hear and grant me my miracle.

I'm a Who in Whoville, desperate to be heard.


Let me back up-
May 20th I took my son in for a routine MRI because he has strabismus and a big head.  It was supposed to be nothing.  It was supposed to be routine.  It was just to "be sure everything was fine".  Well, in the end, everything wasn't fine.

There was a spot- a likely mass.  A big spot- in his brain stem. IN HIS BRAIN STEM.  I was told this over the telephone at 6:05 pm by my pediatrician.  I was still sitting in the hospital in the radiology department.
Then I had to tell my husband

Exactly one hour later I was told I had an appointment with a pediatric neuro-oncologist and a pediatric neurosurgeon the following day.  I didn't even know there was such a thing as a pediatric neuro-oncologist.

The mass is likely a glioma. A brain tumor.  An INOPERABLE brain tumor..............



My world has been flipped upside down, inside out, and thrown in every which way you could imagine.  My heart has broken.  My mind has shut down.  I don't know what to think.  I don't know what to do.  So I pray.  I pray whenever I have a spare second to myself.  I pray before bed, I pray when I wake up.  I pray before meals, I pray after meals.  I pray constantly.

People keep asking me how I'm doing- I. DON'T. KNOW.

I am a Who in Whoville, please Lord hear me.








7 comments:

  1. I saw your update on the bump and found this link. My heart aches for you and your family. You are in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you guys this morning. We all love you and we're here for you. Hugs <3

    -BBJ

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, you are not alone screaming on your clover, you've got a large group screaming behind you.
    Sending thoughts and prayers for you and your beautiful son!
    And some giant hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Please know that you, Liam and your family are in our thoughts. (((hugs)))
    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have ladies coming over to help cook dinner for after church tonight. They will be here any minute. I promise you, you have no lack of voices around here offering up prayers for your lil Liam. Hugs and Love!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am tearing up as I write this and everything I try to type sounds trite and trivial. Please know there are many out here thinking of you, praying for you and asking God for a miricle on your behalf. With love, Katie

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am saying so many prayers and sending so many positive thoughts your way. Thinking of sweet Liam. Hugs, Michele

    ReplyDelete