Saturday, August 27, 2011

So I volunteered him....

     Today is the first game for my niece's soccer team.  My sister had the bright idea to be the coach.  Has she ever played soccer?  Does she know any of the actual rules of the game?  Nah.  What does that matter?  It's a team of 3-5 year olds.  They move with mob mentality up and down the field, lucky if someone accidentally kicks the ball towards the goal.
     Enter my husband.  I felt he would be a great contributor.  He loves kids.  He loves my niece.  And he's played soccer and knows the rules.  So- I volunteered him for assistant coach.  He was a little hesitant at first but after the 1st two practices I can tell he enjoys it.  ( I knew he would.)
     Some times you have to push someone to do something they normally wouldn't.
     Wish the "Jaybirds" luck today!

No comments:

Post a Comment