Tuesday, September 25, 2012

I survived....

I survived my first day away from Liam.  I cheated a bit though.  I was in a wedding this past weekend - which meant spending nearly all day away from Liam.  I was more than panicked.  I was going to have to pump throughout the day and my husband, mother-in-law, and sister-in-law were going to watch my baby.

The night prior to the wedding was the rehearsal so I got a little practice myself.  My husband attended it with me- it was about an hour drive- so we left around 6pm to get there at 7.  The rehearsal went well, then off to the dinner.  I had to pump in the car on the way to the dinner, but my wonderful husband bought me the car adapter for my pump so it was no big deal.  We got home around 11:30 or so and the baby was asleep already after taking a bottle.

The next day was the wedding.  I left Liam (in very capable hands) at 11:00 am.  We initially planned on staying the night near the wedding but to save money, we canceled the reservations and I planned on just driving home after the wedding.  The day went well- I had to pump in a room full of people I didn't know but  people were pretty understanding.  But, little by little I missed Liam more and more so I text messaged my husband a new plan!


He could drive out to the area where the wedding was with his mom and sister and most importantly, Liam. I  rationalized that Chase was my date and he would have to drive out to the wedding anyway and if his mom came earlier in the day we wouldn't have to worry about getting both Chase and I home after the wedding. I could just drive Chase and I home in my car.
Aaand-  That way I could feed Liam and see Liam and not go nuts.  Thankfully, and most graciously, his mom and sister agreed to my nutty plan.

I had to pump one more time in the car during the wedding because my dress was starting to not fit but overall- everything went well.  The wedding was beautiful and went off without a hitch!

And here are Liam's 8 week old pictures.  He will be 2 months old tomorrow.  I can't believe it!  I will take better pictures though!  I'm reading a book on how to take better pictures and my sister is going to teach me a few things.  So please forgive the horrible shadows and bad lighting!









No comments:

Post a Comment