Sunday, August 25, 2013

Here we go

It's been a while since I "blogged".  

We've been living life.  We've been basically ignoring the elephant in the room and I think that's what we need to do.  If we spent every day dwelling on the "what if's" we'd never have a happy moment.

Liam has been great.  Super, wonderful, awesome, and any other adjective you can think of that means good.  His eye have been perfect since the surgery.  He has been hitting all his milestones, he's walking, he's laughing, he's loving life, and as far as I can tell, the mass has not affected him in the least bit.

So why am I back?  Well, this is an outlet for me.  And the count down is starting.  We're only a few days away from the MRI.  I've got so much anxiety and worry.  I look at my perfect son and can't believe that there is anything that makes him not perfect.  I don't know what I will do if the MRI shows anything other than no growth.

I don't want to come off as woe is me- that's the last thing I want.  I don't want pity from people. Liam doesn't need pity.

All he needs is a miracle.

And on Thursday we will see if we get one.

No comments:

Post a Comment