Wednesday, March 28, 2012

22 weeks- 5 months

Well we've made it 22 weeks.  I have been pregnant for 5 months!  From here out the baby is given a new "fruit" only once a month instead of weekly according to The Bump.
This "month" we're a papaya.  Yum. I should go and get one of those......
Over the next few weeks there's quite a lot of variability in weight and length at this point because babies grow differently and at different speeds.  Here's Sprout's "mile stones" for week 22- (from baby2see.com)
  • The fetus reacts to loud sounds.
  • Baby starts having a regular sleeping and waking rhythm.
  • The mother's movements can wake her baby.
  • Taste buds are forming on your baby's tongue.
Sprout is kicking a lot more and Chase can feel the kicks most of the time he puts his hand on my belly.  I drank some OJ last night and Sprout had a dance party! Some of the kicks are actually a little painful though, especially when Sprout is using my bladder as a trampoline.  I also find myself getting a little distracted in a room with a patient when Sprout is moving and kicking and using me as a punching bag- I have to remind myself to FOCUS!
My co-workers have started a contest to see who can guess mostly closely the babies weight, birthday, sex, and baldness.  Most of them have me delivering after August 1st.  Thanks guys.  I'm thinking once the summer heat hits I'll be ready to get this over with.  I told a few of them that I'll be on my sister's trampoline come the end of July!
We also started our registry per request of a few people.  We started it at Amazon  (click for the registry) but I figure people can go there to see and then buy something from Wal-Mart or Target if they want.

Here's me at 22 weeks pregnant:  not the best picture but Chase wasn't home.








No comments:

Post a Comment