Thursday, June 27, 2013

Roller coaster

UGH.  This stupid eye surgery that was supposed to be nothing has been causing so much trouble!  When the doctor's office called to reschedule I okay'd the August 15th date I was given.  I think I was just willing to accept whatever to get the stupid thing scheduled.

Well, when I let my mother in law know about the date change she reminded me that my sister in law is getting married that weekend!  How the heck did I forget about that?!  Liam is the ring bearer and I've been so excited about it.

I called the doctor's office this morning to reschedule and they said they'd be right back with me.  Well, 3 hours later they call to give me a new appointment.... sometime in September.   Normally, I'm pretty much a push over.  I hate to stir the waters, but I was just frustrated!  I said that I'd already had a second opinion done by another doctor so I would just take Liam there instead.

Apparently, that's all it takes.  The lady on the phone spoke with the doctor and low and behold, Liam's surgery is back to July 11th, the original date.  They said they had to "squeeze" us in.  Now tell me, how do we have to be "squeezed in" on a date that we already were scheduled for?

I'm typically on the other end of the doctor (PA)/ patient roll, but I can now see where people get so frustrated!   So hopefully that's the end of this hiccup and we can move forward to the looming MRI follow up.

And- If anything, this experience is helping me do my job with more understanding and patience.  There's always a silver lining.

No comments:

Post a Comment