Tuesday, June 25, 2013

The countdown begins...eye surgery

Liam's eye surgery is just a few weeks away.  July 11th.  It's funny to me now that this eye surgery was such a source of angst when it was first decided it was needed.

Oh, I cried.  I relived my pregnancy trying to decide if I could have done anything to cause his eye problems.  I got a second opinion as to whether the surgery was really needed.  I was so scared.

Now?  Pssh.  It's a 40 minute long "simple" procedure.  Liam will be fine. Don't get me wrong, I still hate the thought of causing him pain, but his eyes will be better in a matter of a few days and we will go on.  There's so much more to do than worry constantly about something like this.

He will be one in one month (plus a day). I can't believe how big he's getting. We've been swimming and going to the park.  We've been living life and being us.   He's still just a "normal" little boy; he just gets a little extra prayer time.



No comments:

Post a Comment