Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Happy 18 Weeks!

18 weeks today- that means only one week until we get to see little Sprout on the U/S.  YAY!  The past few weeks have been moving so slowly.
I'm still only up 3-4 pounds depending on the day and what I'm wearing, but I've been super hungry for the the past few days so I'm sure that will be changing soon.  (I'm eating Salt and Vinegar Pringles as I write this!)  As I said in the previous post I'm starting to feel what I'm pretty sure is Sprout moving around.  I don't know what else it would be- it's little thumps here and there.
On to Sprout -
Sprout this week is another weird food-  all these cute fruits at the beginning and I'm stuck with onion and .....wait for it....
Sweet Potato?  Oh well at least it's a "sweet"potato instead of "yam" .
Here's what Sprout's up to:  He's busy flexing his arms and legs — movements that you'll start noticing more and more in the weeks ahead. His blood vessels are visible through his thin skin, and his ears are now in their final position, although they're still standing out from his head a bit. A protective covering of myelin is beginning to form around his nerves, a process that will continue for a year after he's born. If you're having a girl, her uterus and fallopian tubes are formed and in place. If you're having a boy, his genitals are noticeable now. (from babycenter.com)

I'm still on the hunt for the perfect set of curtains and more "decor" for the nursery.  If you find anything you think may go- let me know!



No comments:

Post a Comment