Monday, February 27, 2012

Test Results

We had the "Quad Screen" and Cystic Fibrosis test done at 15 weeks.  This tests for things such as spina bifida (incomplete formation of the spinal column) , anencephaly (basically no skull) , trisomy 21 (Downs Syndrome) and trisomy 18 (Edwards Syndrome).  Results of the quad screen indicate your risk of carrying a baby who has certain developmental or chromosomal conditions but it does not say whether or not the baby has the condition.

I opted to get tested just in case the results were positive-then I'd have time to prepare.



We got our results on Saturday- everything was negative.  YAY!  I didn't even realize how worried I was until I got the results.  Chase and I were both pretty thrilled that Sprout is more than likely developing normally.

No comments:

Post a Comment